The Periscope Reporter
While the members of the Medical and Health Workers Union in the hospitals that are earlier paid the government COVID-19 allowance are demoralised with the disparity, which suggested that the members of staff of Admin and Finance departments are considered less important than the other categories of health professionals, with a redefined given name as “non clinical staff,” hence could only as a privilege, be given 10% of their salary, instead of 50%, against the directive of President Muhammadu Buhari to that effect, the information reaching our desk Monday, is that all the categories of workers in Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital ABUTH Zaria, received 50% of COVID 19 allowance and inducement.
The questions that follow this development are:
1. What went wrong with the previous payments of 10%?
2. Are the members of staff with Admin and Finance departments in ABUTH more special or covid-19 more vulnerable than those with other hospitals?
3. Does it have to do with the error in the template of the payments of covid-19 allowance; either staff with admin and finance departments in ABUTH are 40% over paid or admin and finance staff of other hospitals are 40% underpaid?
4. Will other hospitals, waiting to receive their covid-19 allowance, enjoy the ABUTH 50% for all categories of staff?
5. Is the protest by the JOHESU members in various hospitals against the 10% yielding fruitful result?
6. Why the imbalance at the initial state and why the reverse?
7. Will the members of staff of admin and finance departments of the covid-19 10% received allowance hospitals be refunded their balance of 40%?
8. If yes makes the answer to question 7 then when?
The answers take another report.