The Periscope reporter
The governing council of the Institute of Business Diplomacy and Financial Management IBDFM has approved April 10 2021 as the date for her 35th MCPD, induction of new members and investiture of Fellowship.
The statement issued by the Registrar and Secretary to Council, Mr Sukana Danjuma Tusha revealed that the 35th programme would hold in Yola, Adamawa State, Northeast Nigeria.
The statement explained that the local orgasming committee and advisory group were constituted.
The LOC would be chaired by a Governing Council Member, Dr. Adamu Muhammad Dodo, while Prof. Auwal Muhammad Abubakar, the Medical Director, FMC Yola was made the lead advisor.
The Adamawa event with the theme: “Managing Unconscious Bias in Decision Making: A Guide to Inclusive Leadership” to hold at the Mechanical Engineering Conference Hall, Modibbo Adama University, MAU Yola, Adamawa State would be the Institute’s first programme for the year 2021.
It would also be the first IBDFM programme to hold in MAU Yola.
Below is the full text of the statement:
35th Mandatory Continuing Professional Development (MCPD) Programme, Investiture of Fellowship and Induction of New Members, Yola, Adamawa State.
The Board of Directors and Governing Council of the Institute of Business Diplomacy and Financial Management (IBDFM) has today, Wednesday, February 17, 2021, approved the 35th MCPD Programme, Investiture of Fellowship and Induction of New Members of the Institute to hold as follows:
DATE: Saturday, 10th April, 2021
VENUE: Mechanical Engineering Conference Hall, Modibbo Adama University, MAU Yola, Adamawa State TIME: 8 a.m. Prompt
The Programme with the theme “Managing Unconscious Bias in Decision Making: A Guide to Inclusive Leadership” will in addition to the paper presentation on the theme, also feature the conferment of the Prestigious Fellowship Award of the Institute on some distinguished and eminent personalities, chosen based on an outstanding and sustained demonstration of top-ranking competence, exceptional achievements, high level of professionalism, consummate integrity as well as competent diplomatic management, administrative and leadership skills.
Senior, Full, Associate and Graduate Members who have satisfied all the requirements of the Institute will also be Inducted and Certified as Professional Business Diplomacy and Financial Managers during the Programme, while Old Members of the Institute will be attending the Mandatory Continuing Professional Development with a view to earning more credit units for the Executive Chartered Conversion expected to hold before the end of the year.
The Board of Directors and Governing Council have also agreed to set up a Local Organizing Committee (LOC) comprising of the following committed and dedicated Fellows of the Institute with a Governing Council Member as Chairman:
1. Dr. Muhammad Adamu Dodo FBDFM (Chairman)
2. Dr. Bashir Ahmad Daneji FBDFM (Deputy Chairman)
3. Dr. Rufai Abubakar (Ma’aji Adamawa) FBDFM (Secretary)
4. Mr. Thomas Garba Njine FBDFM (Member)
5. Comrade Patrick Vigo Jidauna FBDFM (Member)
6. Dr. Mrs. Rukaiya Isa Yahaya FBDFM (Member)
7. Anthony Bello FBDFM (Member)
8. Mohammed Ismail FBDFM (Member)
The local organizing committee (LOC) is expected to provide oversight, support and advice on planning logistics and membership to the Board of Directors and Governing Council of the Institute through the Registrar/Secretary to Council, Sukana D. Tusha to achieve a well-organized, hitch-free and successful programme.
The local organizing committee (LOC) is expected to provide oversight, support and advice on planning logistics and membership to the Board of Directors and Governing
Council of the Institute through the Registrar/Secretary to Council, Sukana D. Tusha to achieve a well-organized, hitch-free and successful programme.
The LOC is also expected to consult some top-notch FELLOWS of the Institute for their superior counsel and input on achieving a successful programme. They are:
1. Prof. Auwal Muhammad Abubakar (Medical Director, Federal Medical Centre, FMC, Yola)
2. Prof. Mrs. Kaletapwa G. Farauta (Vice Chancellor, Adamawa State University, ADSU Mubi)
3. Hon. Ibrahim Mijinyawa Yayaji (Commissioner, Ministry of Land and Survey, Adamawa State)
4. Hon. Bappa Dalhatu Isa (Commissioner, Ministry of Mineral Resources, Adamawa State
5. Dr. Garba Umar (Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Adamawa State)
6. Ibrahim Abubakar (Registrar, College of Nursing and Midwifery, Yola, Adamawa State)
7. Engr. Edward Simon Subagana (former Director, Housing and Building Services, Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, Yola)
8. Prof. Ibrahim Danjuma (Professor of Marketing, Modibbo Adama University, Yola)
9. Mrs. Fa’iza A. Ahmed (Immediate Past Registrar, Federal College of Education, FCE, Yola)
10. Alhaji Murtala Mohammed Zubairu (Director, Ministry for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Adamawa State
11. Alhaji Mohammed El-Yakub (Managing Director, Gotel Communications Ltd, Yola)
12. Dr. John Ldama (Associate Professor of Management and Director, Academic Planning, Adamawa State University, ADSU, Mubi)
13. Hon. Abdullahi Umar Yapak (Member representing Verre Constituency, Adamawa State House of Assembly)
14. Halilu Malabu (Special Adviser, Revenue and Banking, Adamawa State)
15. Hon. (Dr.) Idi Ali Aminu (Chairman, Maiha Local Government Area, Adamawa State)
16. Hon. Salihu Usman Malkohi (Chairman, Yola South Local Government Area, Adamawa State)
17. Kawu Tukur Usman (Pioneer Fellow of the Institute and Cashier, American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa State)
18. Ambassador Suleiman Babale Jibril (Member, Governing Council of the Institute and Managing Director, Albadina International Nig. Ltd)
19. Mohammed Gidado Mohammed (Founder, MGM Foundation)
20. Dr. Suleiman Banu (Chairman/CEO, Alheri Medicine Store and Medical Director, Aminatu (DDS) Memorial Clinic, Gombi, Adamawa State)
21.Barr. Sulaiman A. Mahmud (Dean, School of Legal Studies, The Federal Polytechnic Mubi, Adamawa State).
With these distinguished and highly competent Governing Council Members and/or Fellows of the Institute at both the LOC and Advisory levels, the Board of Directors and
Governing Council of the Institute assures Esteemed Professional Members of a colourful, well-organized and
Sukana Danjuma Tusha, FBDFM, FDMSS, FISEN, FCIMN, FISPN
Registrar/Secretary to Council.