The Periscope reporter
* From Hamma yero to Yaroe, a metaphor for ingrained ingratitude, betrayal against the fulbe feeding spoon
* Hypocrisy, conspiracy in condemning herdsmen of criminality, concealing kidnapper kinsmen
Tabital Pulaaku International TPI, a Fulani socio-cultural organisation has replied Binos D. Yaroe’s vituperations.
Binos, the said HAMMANYERO craftily changed to YAROE, a senator representing Adamawa South Senatorial District was accused of taking to Fulani hate as a theology to proselytise, noting that the statement credited to him ascribing kidnapping as a sole venture of the Fulani stock, was reckless, and unwarranted.
Binos was creatively carried in the herdsmen canoe of critical thinking against careless, rather criminal consciousness by being reminded that the kidnapping of the District Head (Ardo) of Mayo Farang he craftily credited to the Fulani was discovered to be in collaboration with not only his criminal kinsmen but his predator relations.
“One of the cousins of the Senator (a son to his uncle) was found to be among the kidnappers…” TPI exposed.
Ardo Pullo would also describe Binos as simply a Hague Court candidate for inciting Nazi-a-za-tion of the Fulani race.
A statement signed jointly signed by the TPI ADAMAWA state branch chairman and secretary general, Dr. Murtala Aliyu and Dr. Ahmed Shehu has described the statement as ill-timed and done with the motive to incite other tribes against the Fulani race for genocide.
“TPI rejects in its entirety all the principles, motives and unedited conclusions in ethnic profiling, which have grown to become a countrywide pastime in Nigeria.
“It is unfortunate that at a time when TPI is striving so hard to cement relationships with various stakeholders across the country, so that security, stability and prosperity could flourish in Nigeria, Senator Yaroe seems busy trying to halt our match to mutual and enduring goodwill and goodness for one another.
It is also on record that his family home at Mararaba Tola in Mayo Belwa Local Government Area, was inhabited by Fulbe for over 600 years, which is nearly four centuries before the establishment of Adamawa Emirate.
“Another record has it that the Senator’s father who opened the first Church at Mararaba Tola, was substantially and consistently assisted with soft loans by the family of Hamman-Yero Nyako, which he later chose to denigrate.
“And when he decided to venture into politics, Senator Yaroe was facilitated into the game by Alhaji Sadiq Kalu, the famous Walin Ganye.
“The Walin Ganye also introduced him to HE Atiku Abubakar, the former Vice President of Nigeria, TPI exposed.
Below is the full text of the rejoinder
OFFICIAL REACTION OF TABITAL PULAAKU INTERNATIONAL (TPI) TO THE UNFORTUNATE AND RECKLESS PUBLIC STATEMENTS BY MR. BINOS DAUDA YAROE, DISTINGUISHED SENATOR REPRESENTING ADAMAWA SOUTH SENATORIAL DISTRICT: FEBRUARY 24th 2021
1. Tabital Pulaaku International (TPI) is deeply concerned about the recent reckless public statements, which curiously came from the distinguished Senator representing Adamawa South Senatorial District, Mr. Binos Dauda Yaroe.
2. In his vituperations, the Senator was quoted on video attacking the integrity of the Fulbe race and their capacity to be responsible citizens of Nigeria.
3. The tone, character, wisdom and timing of the Senator’s statements, and the platform where he made them were not merely unguarded, but grossly unbecoming of a person of his caliber.
4. Coming from such a supposedly distinguished Senator of the Federal Republic, which he is, who is expected to focus on unifying the people and providing hope and social services to his constituents, the legislator ended up disappointing a significant component of the people he represents, among whom are the very Fulbe he decided to attack and ridicule.
5. TPI feels that as their own representative in such a hallowed chamber of the National Assembly, Mr. Yaroe should have invited his so-called informants for a dialogue, to establish the veracity of their claims first, by the faceless herders in his story.
6. In this way, Senator Yaroe should have admonished them on how to encourage the emergence of a peaceful and harmonious community of diverse peoples, cultures and sensibilities.
7. TPI reminds our distinguished Senator that no one chose his tribe, faith or birthplace, which have all been divinely ordained by the Almighty God.
8. Therefore, the unfortunate story in his hate speech narrative, which claimed that Fulbe elite are responsible for arming their wayward kinsmen among pastoralists, leaves much to be desired.
9. Similarly, the careless and hasty reference by Senator Yaroe that Fulbe elements were entirely responsible for kidnapping the District Head (Ardo) of Mayo Farang was baseless, as it was later discovered that the Senator’s tribesmen and relations were also deeply involved in the atrocity.
10. Incidentally, one of the cousins of the Senator (a son to his uncle) was found to be among the kidnappers of Ardo Mayo Farang.
11. This narrative bears ample testimony that crime cannot, and should never be an exclusive preserve or practice of one ethnic group.
12. Therefore TPI rejects in its entirety all the principles, motives and unedited conclusions in ethnic profiling, which have grown to become a countrywide pastime in Nigeria.
13. It is unfortunate that at a time when TPI is striving so hard to cement relationships with various stakeholders across the country, so that security, stability and prosperity could flourish in Nigeria, Senator Yaroe seems busy trying to halt our match to mutual and enduring goodwill and goodness for one another.
14. Even if the so-called story by the herders had any iota of truth, as a national legislator, responsible mediator, and respected community leader, TPI expected the Senator to have investigated the matter first, to establish the veracity of the statements before spreading it out into the public space.
15. On such a sensitive issue, TPI also expected the Senator to have published the names of the culprits, so that the law could take its rightful course.
16. It is exceedingly ironic that a beneficiary of Fulbe hospitality like Senator Binos Dauda Yaroe could demonstrate such magnitude of ingratitude to the fingers, which actually fed him.
17. It is on record that the distinguished Senator spent seven of his teenage years at the home of Alhaji Usman Hamman-Yero Nyako, enjoying the lavish Fulbe hospitality, where he successfully acquired his primary school education.
18. And because of this reason, he adopted the family name of Hamman-Yero at primary school, but cleverly shortened it to only ‘YERO’ afterwards.
19. However as he grew older and his hate for the Fulbe also escalated higher, he decided to bastardize the name by turning it into ‘YAROE’ where he interpolated the letter ‘O’ with an ‘E’ afterwards.
20. This unusual contraption of a nomenclature seems personal and unilateral, which does not fit any culture in Nigeria, except the selfish and hate-laden aggrandizement of the young man who concocted it in the first place.
21. It is also on record that his family home at Mararaba Tola in Mayo Belwa Local Government Area, was inhabited by Fulbe for over 600 years, which is nearly four centuries before the establishment of Adamawa Emirate.
22. Another record has it that the Senator’s father who opened the first Church at Mararaba Tola, was substantially and consistently assisted with soft loans by the family of Hamman-Yero Nyako, which he later chose to denigrate.
23. And when he decided to venture into politics, Senator Yaroe was facilitated into the game by Alhaji Sadiq Kalu, the famous Walin Ganye.
24. The Walin Ganye also introduced him to HE Atiku Abubakar, the former Vice President of Nigeria.
25. Since his entry into politics, Atiku Abubakar remained his political apron string, without whose support Senator Yaroe would have, hardly advanced as far as he got.
26. Also, Professor Ahmed Modibbo, single handedly financed his political forays through People’s Democratic Movement (PDM), sponsored and financed him entirely.
27. During his time as lecturer of Economics at the defunct College of Preliminary Studies Yola, Professor Jibril Aminu facilitated the Senator’s employment with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) of Nigeria.
28. It is also on record that the father of Senator Yaroe who was credited for starting the first Church at Mararaba Tola, was substantially and consistently assisted with soft loans by the family of Hamman-Yero Nyako.
29. It is equally pertinent to remind our unsuspecting legislator that, the constituency he represents is home to Dr. Bamanga Tukur former National Chairman of PDP, Professor Abdullahi Liman Tukur Vice Chancellor of Modibbo Adama University, Dr. Umar Ardo a former Gubernatorial aspirant, Alhaji Hamma Kojoli former Comptroller General of Nigeria Customs Service, Vice Admiral Murtala Nyako former Governor of Adamawa State, Alhaji Aliyu Ismail former Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Defense, etc. all of them are distinguished Fulbe leaders.
30. Having gone this far, we are roundly disappointed that a leader like Senator Yaroe could easily stoop too low as he did, blatantly, brazenly and openly offending the sensibility of some of the vital constituents of his senatorial district, the Fulbe.
31. It is equally unfortunate that this is happening at a time when our dear Senator should have been focusing his attention on development issues and projects that would benefit his people, including the Fulbe whom he represents but has rather chosen to disparage.
32. Therefore, TPI appeals to security agencies to deploy extra vigilance about such politicians who carelessly incite citizens against one another, for selfish or other ulterior motives.
33. In the light of the foregoing, TPI demands an unreserved apology from Senator Yaroe for disparaging our people and for the public pain and ridicule, which his unfortunate statements have caused our Fulbe brethren around the world, under the distinguished leadership of Lamido Fombina, its global Grand Patron.
34. This statement is being made in good faith as a response to the hate speech narrative, by Senator Binos Yaroe, which runs counter to our national values, which are anchored on unity and brotherhood.
35. Going forward, TPI implores Nigerians of all races, faiths, and backgrounds from all works of life, to continue to demonstrate unity and love for one another so that peace and harmony could flourish between and among our people and country, regardless of our artificial differences.
Dr. Murtala Aliyu Dr. Ahmad Shehu
Chairman, TPI Secretary-General, TPI