The Periscope Deconstruction
Could it be a scam, a fake notice and/or intended to malign the government?
Perhaps Adamawa state government intends to either merely take the census and/or screen to verify the authenticity of the population of her workforce; specifically perhaps, teachers with the post primary schools management board in the state, as suggested emphasis the bracket would represent, with a view to checkmating the perceived ghost workers.
Grammatical troubles begin from the very heading:
Schedule(d) of (Bio-metric) (Screening State (Polythechnic) (Center) Post Primary School() Management Board
– Why “scheduled” for “schedule”?
– “Bio-metric” for “Biometric”?
– “Polythechnic” for Polytechnic?”
– “Center” for “Centre”?
– “School for “Schools”?
– “Bio-metric screening Polythechnic Center”.
* So it’s the polythecnic center that would be screened.
Someone however crudely, corrects the heading to appear like this:
“Schedule of Biometric Screening Exercise at State Polytechnic Centre for Teachers in Public Secondary Schools, or For staff with Post Primary Schools Management Board.”
– See the first column: Someone also suggested that “Schools” should have been used instead of “LGA.”
– Check the second raw: The date scheduled for those from Fufore is 18 – 22 May, 2031 (meaning, in the next 10 years).
Instead of (18th – 22nd May, 2021.) To be applied to all.
– Note that June 6, is Sunday. However, screening for those in Yola North is slated for 6th – 12th June 2021.
Someone observed that “because of how serious the committee is, they would even work on ‘Sunday’ – 6th June. They wouldn’t mind at all”.
– “Don’t” for “Do not”
– temper” for “tamper”
– If (there’s) any (corrections) instead of (there is), (correction)
-You should make it on (the) instead of on (a) separate…
– Come (alone) (instead of come along) with your original credentials.
“Come alone” means “don’t come with someone.”
This notice ought to be withdrawn, even though it is widely circulated via social media.