The Periscope Reporter
No less than one hundred and twenty suspected hoodlums raiding public and private properties in the state capital cocooned in #EndSARS protests, are arrested by the Adamawa State Police Command.
Hoodlums defied the 24 hour curfew orders declared on Sunday, chanting that police would not enforce the curfew order as doing so would instigate #EndPolce worse than #EndSARS protests turned riots. Therefore, they would continue to vandalize, maim and loot with impunity.
The development was disclosed to newsmen on Monday in Yola by the Police Public Relations Officer, Adamawa State Police Command, DSP Suleiman Yahaya Nguroje.
‘’Some items recovered from the hoodlums include tractors, farm implements, and other equipment looted.
”We are yet to establish the casualty figures but investigation is still on.
“For now, over 120 suspects have been arrested by the police and other security sister organizations for various criminal offenses ranging from arson, stealing, malicious damage to property and assault before and after the statewide curfew imposed by state Governor, Rt Hon Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri with a view to restore law and order in Adamawa,” Nguroje said.
Nguroje revealed that after investigation, the suspects with prima facie cases would be prosecuted.
Nguroje has called on the good people of the state to maintain peace, law and order in their respective communities, assuring the commitment of the Command to uphold the rule of law at all times.
Some places attacked include the following
– Custom office
– Road Safety office
– Primary Health Care Development Agency
– NEMA office along Airport road
– Covid-19 Isolation Centre at Kofare
– North-East Commodity Association (NECAS) office, Kofare; Tractors among other items carted away
– A warehouse at Demsawo
– Warehouses along Nyako Quarters
– Dr. ABDULLAHI Dauda Belel’s workshop, the hoodlums would have avail themselves for the skills acquisition training instead of looking
– All warehouses – public or private – after Roundabout maidoki that is not guarded by soldiers or close to Air Force.
– Warehouse behind Zenith Bank, Jimeta Market
– Warehouse along Bakin Kogi
– Warehouse close to Mayanka
– Upper Benue, Yola
– Adamawa Agricultural Development Programme AADP, Yola town completely vandalised, properties carted away yesterday in the night.
– Local Government Education Authority, Yola South.
– Red Cross office opposite FMC Yola
– Warehouse at Aliyu Mustafa College, Yola
-:Mayo Belwa local government secretariat
– AADP zone 3 store
Confirming the looting, the Secretary, Red Cross Society in Adamawa, Shuaibu Dauda told newsmen that ‘’some hoodlums invaded our state branch office and carted away office materials and some other valuables.
‘’As I’m talking to you, our computers and other office paraphernalia were all carted away.”
Corroborating, Muhammad Baba-Kelly the information officer Mayo-Belwa local government council, southern senatorial district said, after ransacking the Agric store in Mayo Belwa, hoodlums moved to the local government secretariat, vandalised the PHC store and carted away valuable items, even though police were firing in the air to scare them.
‘’Not only that, the boys had earlier entered AADP zone 3 store and carted away bags of treated rice and other valuables,‘’ Baba-Kelly has said.
Below is a quote from Adamu Galaxy Ismail a commentator working on societal reorientation: